Before coming to worship:
- If in the last 14 days you, or someone you are close to, has exhibited symptoms consistent with Covid-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or labored breathing, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), please do not attend the Sunday service.
- If you have concerns about attending due to the fact that you or someone you care for are elderly, immuno-compromised, or have underlying health issues that make you particularly susceptible to Covid-19, please do not attend.
- Dress in a manner in which you will be comfortable sitting outside. If the ground is wet, you will want appropriate shoes. You might want to avoid sandals in case of ants. There will be plenty of shade, but you may wish to apply sunscreen ahead of time and consider bringing a hat and sunglasses. If it’s chilly, you might want a jacket or blanket. It may be wise to bring insect repellent as well.
- Before leaving your home, please go to the bathroom! The church restrooms will be available should you need to use them. However, we want to do everything we can to limit unnecessary personal interactions or use of high-traffic areas.
- Make sure to bring with you your Bible, a mask, a chair, and something to drink if you need it - keeping in mind the previous point! We will have some metal folding chairs and masks for those who do not have them, but if possible, we want you to bring these items with you.
- Make plans to arrive at least ten minutes early. This will help everyone to stay socially-distanced from one another as we get seated and setup for corporate worship.
When you arrive:
- Apart from those who require handicap parking, please do not park in the space between the church and the grass lot. This is the area that we will use to give out bulletins, collect offerings, etc.
- Before leaving your vehicle put your mask on and then make your way to the grass lot beside our facility.
- There will be volunteers who will guide you, help to make sure people are seated at a safe distance from one another, and answer any questions you may have - all from a safe distance, of course.
During the service:
- Due to the fact that we are worshiping outside, we are permitted to remove our masks during our service, so feel free to remove your mask once you sit down (just remember to put it back on at the conclusion of the service).
- Children must remain with their parents for the duration of our service. No childcare will be provided.
- Instead of passing an offering plate, we will have a box into which you may place your offering.
- There will be no coffee or refreshments before or after the service.
After the service:
- You are welcome to remain on church property to talk with others, but please practice safe social distancing as you interact with each other, even as you go to and from your vehicles.
- If, in the days that follow our service, you begin to show symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or labored breathing, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), you must immediately notify our church office. We are required by the state to promptly report to our local board of health any instances where someone who attends our service begins to exhibit symptoms consistent with Covid-19. We will handle all such reporting with the appropriate discretion and care, but this reporting is mandatory.