Below are our guidelines for resuming outdoor worship services on Sunday, May 30, 2021:
1) Our service will last approximately 80 minutes (10:00-11:20). We have had a condensed, 60-minute services for a year now due to the pandemic. However, we will take advantage of the return to outdoor services to return also to our more usual service format (4-5 songs as opposed to 3, an additional Scripture reading and prayer, regularly sharing in the Lord’s Supper, etc.).
2) We will not require masks for our outdoor worship services. The state has recently removed its outdoor mask mandate, so in accord with that change, we will not require masks. We only ask that each of us recognize that different individuals have different levels of concern related to the virus. So please respect those who may have a different level of concern to your own. If someone chooses to wear a mask, let us respect their decision. "Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." (Romans 12:10)
Before coming to worship:
- Dress in a manner in which you will be comfortable sitting outside. If the ground is wet, you will want appropriate shoes. You might want to avoid sandals in case of ants. There will be plenty of shade, but you may wish to apply sunscreen ahead of time and consider bringing a hat and sunglasses. If it’s chilly, you might want a jacket or blanket. It may be wise to bring insect repellent as well.
- Before leaving home, please go to the bathroom! The church restrooms will be available, but it would be wise to use the bathroom before coming to church.
- Make sure to bring your Bible, a chair, and something to drink if you need it. We will have some metal folding chairs for those who do not have them, but if possible, we ask that you to bring these items with you. We will also have bottled waters available.
- Apart from those who require handicap parking, please do not park in the space between the main church facility and the grass lot. This is the area that we will use to give out bulletins, collect offerings, etc.
- Children must remain with their parents for the duration of our service. No childcare will be provided. Parents, feel free to bring snacks, toys, etc. for your small children.
Please note: In the event of weather or some other unforeseen circumstances not enabling us to meet outside, we will meet inside our facility for worship.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our church office (email@example.com) (781-545-0058).